Our High Regard for God
Saint Augustine or Austin of Canterbury, our patron Saint, died at Centerbury about 605 A.D. In 596, Pope Gregory sent a band of 40 Monks, led by Augustine to preach the Gospel to the heathen English. They arrived in Keny in 597 and were well received by Ethelbert, the local king, who himself, soon became a Christian.
‘Church of S. Augustine Hamilton Brisbane 1920 – 1970’
“Hoping that this generation will be as faithful to Him as the past – and so receive God’s blessing”
Rev. W. D. C. Dunbar ( 1952 – Third Rector)
The first St Augustine’s Church, Hamilton, in 1900
[Photograph from Anglican Diocese of Brisbane, Records and Archive Centre, HAMIS063-14]
St Augustine’s Anglican Church and Rectory, 1920’s.
The following books are Copyright, and may be used by permission only. The files below are on Google Drive and may take a few moments to display. Each file is approximately 40MB. Please use the Zoom tool to fit to the width of your screen.
‘CHURCH OF S. AUGUSTINE HAMILTON BRISBANE 1920 – 1970’
East Wall: The Sanctuary | SAN windows (facing Racecourse Road)
South: Our (or The) Lady Chapel | C Windows
South Wall: S Windows including SFL Fanlight (Adoration of Magi) Window
Below Church : Columbarium – All Souls Chapel (not shown above) | COL Windows
West: West side of Church with Baptistry | W Windows
West Tower (Above with bell) : T Windows
West Above: Gallery | G Windows & Te Deum Windows | Pipe Organ
North Wall: N Windows
North: Vestry | V Windows
Photos of a slide taken by Harold A Gates.
Returned Servicemen – Australian Corps W.W.1.
Church parade at St Augustine’s Church, Anzac Day 1952.
Luncheon St Augustine’s Anzac Day 1952.
Photo by Harold A Gates.